Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summery Shrimp Quesadilla


I have been on a craving lobster rave since I got back from St.Thomas, I really really really wanted to make something similar to that delicious lobster quesadilla. So I figured the closest thing to a lobster I was going to get was shrimp! I have never cooked a lobster nor do I plan to anytime soon.
I have to say I was very pleased with my tropical makeshift quesadilla. It tasted like a vacation in my mouth. They were very easy to make and full of flavor, Danny was impressed with these which made me smile inside.

So to make them all you need is:

1/2 lb of shrimp
salt and pepper to taste
whole wheat torillas
mexican blend cheese
1/2 onion
cilantro
cumin
cayenne
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup of corn

I marinated the shrimp (tail off) for about 20min so the spices would stick. In a bowl I added the shrimp the sprinkled some salt and pepper, a dash of cumin, and a dash of cayenne. Mix it all together and placed it to the side.

When I started getting hungry I made my way back to the kitchen to put everything together for my quesadilla. I cut the shrimp up into thirds. In a sauce pan I added the chopped onion, shrimp, and corn over med heat until it began to be fragrant. Then squeeze some lemon over on top, I also drained it once everything was cooked so that the lemon would be more potent once added.

Put everything in a bowl to the side and add some chopped cilantro then start making the quesadillas. All I did was layer the cheese first then the shrimp mix and then another layer of cheese. Folded it over and waited for the cheese to melt and flipped. Repeat for as many as you want to make.

These were so good, really meaty and cheesy. I was surprised at how easy they were to make and how good they tasted!  

No comments:

Post a Comment