Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap


Buffalo chicken is one of my favorite bar snacks, so I wanted to make a healthier version of this all time favorite without sacrificing the delicious taste. I was looking for the perfect lettuce cup for my buffalo chicken and I saw the "butter lettuce". This was the first time I attempted to make lettuce wrapped anything so I wanted something with a very mild flavor. Butter lettuce was the perfect choice, it was a little nutty and pretty crisp.
They come in this plastic box which was what attracted me to it in the first place. If you don't find this you can use any type, baby bok choy is a good choice also. 

Ingredients: 

chicken 
4 tbsp franks red hot
butter lettuce
blue cheese crumbles

This is probably the easiest recipe I have made so far, all you need to do it cook the chicken on a skillet and shred when it is cooked. Then add the franks red hot and mix until every strand is covered. You can add more or less sauce depending on how hot you like the chicken. After just clean the lettuce cups and you are set to go! 
 Pile on the chicken and sprinkle some blue cheese on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment