Friday, July 20, 2012

Chia & Flax Seed Blueberry Muffins


Muffins are that breakfast staple which I didn't get into until recently. I discovered that there are so many variations than just your average muffin... like blueberries. I have not heard enough about blueberries, it literally feels like everyone is cooking and baking with them. So I had this longing to make some muffins with these juicy little berries!
I thought I might make them healthier by adding some chia seeds (my new love) and flax seeds. Only thing is I would make a small batch since its just me and Danny. This recipe makes 8 muffins.

Ingredients :
1 1/4 cup flour
6 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg beaten
6 tbsp buttermilk
2 tbsp + 2 tsp canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tbsp chia seed
1tbsp flax seed

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, both seeds and salt together in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the buttermilk, egg, canola oil, vanilla extract. Mix the dry ingredients and wet ones together and then fold in blueberries.

Once the mixture is ready it's time to fill the muffin lined tin.
Pop them in a 375 oven for about 20min until they start to brown a little on top. I used a bamboo skewer to check the doneness.
Place on a plate to cool and then enjoy these juicy muffins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment