Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cinnamon Apple Chips


The sweet scent of cinnamon fills my apartment and a hint of apple.. what could be cooking?? Apple chips!! These were so easy to make and such a clever snack. I am a big fan of apples and couldn't wait to make these when I saw them on pinterest. I immediately went out and bought a mandolin slicer to make these yummy chips. I really don't know how I got by without this little gadget, slicing is soooo much easier! Ok back to the chips..

Ingredients:
1 tbsp sugar
cinnamon (depends how many chips you make and how much cinnamon you like)
1 apple
parchment paper

I did not have an apple corer so I just cut off the end of the apple and sliced it using the mandolin, when I got to the seeds I simply took them out with a knife and continued slicing until I reached the part of the apple where it curves.

I placed the sliced apple pieces on a paper towel to soak up the juices and to keep my counter from becoming a juicy mess.
I then placed them on the parchment paper... sprinkled the sugar over the apples and the cinnamon.
I popped them into my oven at 250 for about 1.5 hours flipping them half way through. Check them every 25 min or so just to make sure they don't burn. After they're done enjoy a healthy snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment