Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Pizza... the one food that I can probably eat everyday. I love pizza and was super excited when I saw a recipe for it in a "healthy" way. I mean it's made of veggies right?? Well all things considered it still packs some cals but hey... live a little :) . Making it was fairly easy so here are the steps.

Ingredients:

1 head cauliflower
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt
olive oil for brushing

First I cut up the cauliflower into florets so that they would comfortably fit in the food processor.
Then for the tedious part... I have a small food processor so I had to rice the cauliflower in very small batches.

That's what it should look like after being processed, hence the term "ricing". Add 1/4 cup water and place the bowl in the microwave for 6min mixing half way through. I got all the ingredients I needed to make the crust.
Ok so you blend it all and you will have A LOT of "dough". Scoop some into a cookie sheet and spread out like a pizza.. It works to make it thinner, my first couple tries were somewhat of a fail so don't give up if it doesn't work the first time. Then Pop in oven at 425 for about 20min. After it is done pull it out and add toppings to it ... put it in on broiler for 4min or until cheese has melted.
Now enjoy! This isn't your typical pizza but a fun way to try something new. If you're not a cauliflower  fan then this is a good intro to it since the flavor is somewhat masked by all the cheesy goodness.

2 comments:

  1. Who would think you could make crust from cauliflower. I am excited to try this because
    I love pizza but am gluten intolerant and haven't found a good GF pizza crust yet. Thanks for sharing.

    The Healthy Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're very welcome! it was pretty tasty (:

    ReplyDelete