Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dragon fruit

This amazing colorful fruit was in my market the other day and I had to get it. I was so intrigued with the color and had never seen one before. I have drank juices and cocktails that are infused with dragon fruit and it was about time that I tried it on it's own. This fruit was so easy to eat you can literally eat it with a spoon right out of the shell. It has many nutritional benefits as well:

  • full of antioxidants
  • rich in minerals and fiber
  • aids in digestion
  • high levels of B3
  • helps to sooth and moisturize skin
  • full of vitamins B1 & B2 which are energy producing 
  • aids body in metabolizing carbs

All you have to do is cut it lengthwise and with a spoon loosen up the edges and pop it out, cut it into squares and serve it inside the shell.
I sprinkled some sugar on top because the flavor was a bit bland but the more I ate I started enjoying it. The texture is also interesting, similar to kiwi. Danny was impressed with the presentation, little did he know it was extra easy! Next time you see one of these in your market pick it up, it is worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment