Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Parm


So last night I was feeling an Italian night.. cheesy, saucy, and just plain delicious. Italian food always hits the spot for us, and we bought this really fun pasta the other day which I was excited to use in a dish. It looked like a bent pipe, perfect for scooping the sauce and cheese inside.

Chicken parm is one of those dishes that just screams comfort. I love it! I literally did not say a word during dinner because my mouth was always full. "I made that" was all that I kept saying as me and Danny gobbled it up. It's not the most low cal meal but oh boy is it good!!!

Ingredients:

chicken tenderloins
seasoned bread crumbs
panko crumbs
2 tbsp egg beaters
olive oil for frying
cheese lots of cheese
tomato sauce of your choice
pasta

I first set up my breading station with the egg beaters and the crumbs.

Then dip in egg and crumbs and place on med heat skillet with olive oil.
Brown each side (about 3 min each). Once all chicken is browned, place in a baking dish.

Add about half a jar of sauce then top with cheese. Pop into a 350 oven for 20 min turning on the broil for the last 5min. What comes out will be delicious heaven.
While you bake the chicken, boil the pasta so everything will be done around the same time. Plate & enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment