Monday, August 27, 2012

Zucchini Chia Ribbons


Hi everyone! Sorry for the week long hiatus... I just started a fabulous new job and have been super busy organizing my new schedule. Let me catch you up on what has been going on in my kitchen, me and Danny are mostly vegetarian. All our home cooked dishes are vegetarian and we only have meat or fish when we go out. I will be sharing some of things I make :) We start off with a good pasta substitute: zucchini ribbons.

Ingredients:

2 small zucchini
basil leaves
olive oil
1 tbsp chia seeds
morningstar farms chickn' patty

All you need for this yummy dish is to cook the chickn' as directed on package, and mandolin the zucchini until you get to the seeds. The seedy area makes the dish watery so avoid them, just peel around it. Once it is all peeled toss it in some olive oil and saute till tender.
For the skinny pesto you need to mix the basil leaves and olive oil in a food processor, then once the ribbons are cooked through mix in the chickn' and pesto, scatter the chia seeds over it and mix.

 Plate & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment