Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Faux Chick'n Pesto



This week me and Danny are going "Pescatarian" and to kick it off I made some faux chick'n pesto. Pesto is a favorite around here and I figured it would be prefect. I bought these "chick'n" breasts the other day and thought they would be a great protein to add to the pasta dish.These babies are only 80 cals per cutlet!
I made a "skinny" pesto sauce, I call it skinny because I omitted the heavy cream. Just cook the pasta of your choice according to the box and the cutlets as well. Then make the pesto and mix!

Ingredients:

basil
olive oil
italian cheese
quorn cutlets
pasta

For the Pesto:
combine basil leaves and about 1/3 cup olive oil in a food processor and grind until everything is mixed then add the cheese. You can add a little or a lot depending on how you like your pesto.

Once everything is cooked I chopped up the faux chicken and tossed it all together, I have to say it tasted very much like chicken. It was tasty and filling. Danny is not a fan of faux meat and he was a fan! So that makes it a successful dinner :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment